Getting back on my meal preppin’ and back into cooking actual food… I dug up this favorite I used to make every few weeks.
It is so easy, 4 ingredients and one of those recipes that is up to you and your taste.
Spicy Squash Soup:
- 1 large butternut squash, skinned and cubed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp of sauce from can of chilis in adobo sauce
- chicken stock for consistency
In a large soup pot, add squash and about 1 1/2 cup chicken stock, bring to a boil and then simmer until the squash is tender but not mush. Make sure to stir frequently to avoid burning the squash. When tender, pour into a blender, food processor or use hand blender to blend ingredients. Blend until smooth (make take a few minutes!) Pour back into soup pot, add canned coconut milk and simmer. Add adobo sauce. Taste. Add more adobo as needed. Salt and pepper to taste.
A note on the ingredients:
- I am lazy and buy the butternut squash already cut up which makes this soup even easier to make! You can sub with sweet potatoes too!
- Make sure that you get canned coconut milk and not from a carton, they are very different! The canned coconut is creamier and will give your soup a great taste and texture.
- Also make sure to buy the small can of chilis in adobo sauce and DO NOT put an actual chili in your soup. I did this the first time I made this soup and still gag when I remember how hot it was. Just use the adobo sauce; start with a teaspoon and work your way up until the soup has enough kick for ya.
Tip: Canned coconut milk can also work as a great creamer for coffee if you are trying to cut milk or go paleo.
Again, another simple, delicious and husband-approved meal. Enjoy!